Saturday, May 9, 2009

Butterfly life cycle story

This story was taken from my science work book. I wrote it myself. Hope you enjoy.

'Rise and shine! Ooh, I feel real hungry.' said a caterpillar emerging from its shell. 'I'll pledge that I'll eat anything I see. Aha! an egg shell. Let me see if it is edible........."Chomp". Yum! it is delicious!'

after a few more bites..........
'Aw man! I eaten it too fast! And I'm still hungry! Hm, let me see....How about the leaf? "Crunch". Yummy! why didn't I think of that before?'

After a couple of days..........
'Ooh, my back feels itchy! I need a scratch.' It went over to a twig and started to wriggle against it. 'Ahh, that feels better!' It looked at its moulted skin and said in disgust 'Eww, intruder alert! Intruder alert! Never mind, I'll just spin myself in a cozy cocoon.'

Days past by...they turned into weeks...Then finally, A beautiful monarch butterfly emerged out of the cocoon, dried its wings and fluttered away.

No comments:

Post a Comment